This recipe is so easy – you don’t even have to drain the pasta. It comes out creamy and delicious every time!
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
1 lb whole wheat pasta
3 C water
2 tsp salt
1/4 C butter
12-ounce can of evaporated milk
1 Tbsp corn starch
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Combine the water, salt, and pasta in your instant pot.
2. Following the instructions for your instant pot, pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
3. After the 4 minutes are up, do a quick release (following instructions for your instant pot).
4. Set the instant pot to saute on low.
5. Add the butter and cover (with a regular lid) until the butter has melted.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 3-4 Tbsp of the evaporated milk. Combine well until there are no lumps.
7. Add the corn starch/milk mixture and the remaining evaporated milk to the instant pot.
8. Let the mixture heat up, stirring occasionally, for about three minutes.
9. Gradually mix in the cheddar cheese. Add pepper.
10. Serve hot.
This recipe was adapted from here.