This pie takes only a few minutes to put together, plus it’s delicious and nutritious.
Happy pi day! I am a pretty big math nerd, so pi day is an important day in my house. Plus I love any excuse to eat pie.
I’ve been experimenting with no-carb sweeteners lately, and this pie is part of that experiment. The only trick with no-carb sweeteners is that there’s so many different options out there, and the sweetness of each option varies widely. In this recipe, I used Pyure organic stevia, which is twice as sweet as sugar. This recipe should work well regardless of the sweetener that you use, you may just want to adjust the amount a bit.
You may enjoy these other healthy dessert recipes:
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
2 C almond flour
1/4 C cocoa
1 Tbsp Pyure stevia (or about 2 T sugar)
6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 C non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 C peanut butter
1 Tbsp Pyure stevia (or 2 Tbsp sugar)
1/4 C chocolate chips (optional)
1. For the crust, combine the almond flour, cocoa, and sweetener.
2. Add the melted coconut oil and mix until well combined.
3. Press the crust mixture in a pie dish and place in the freezer to allow it to harden while you prepare the filling.
4. For the filling, combine the yogurt, peanut butter, and sweetener. Mix until well combined. I find that a hand-mixer works well for this step.
5. Spoon the filling into the crust and smooth the top of the filling.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the pie, if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge.
This recipe was adapted from here.