Chicken cooked with asian flavors in your slow cooker – this meal is super easy and delicious.
This recipe satisfies my cravings for Chinese take-out, plus it’s much cheaper and healthier.
Check out these other easy slow cooker recipes:
Kung Pao Chicken in the Slow Cooker
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/3 C chicken broth
1/3 C soy sauce
1/3 C rice vinegar
1/4 C brown sugar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 – 1 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 C unsalted peanuts
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
1. Combine the chicken, broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, oil, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, red pepper, and black pepper in your slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
4. Remove 1/4 C of the liquid in the slow cooker and mix it with the cornstarch in a small bowl, making sure to get rid of any lumps. Add the liquid/cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine well.
5. Add the shredded chicken, peanuts, and green onions to the slow cooker and cover until you’re ready to eat.
6. Serve hot. Garnish with peanuts and green onions, if desired.
This recipe was modified from here.