This creamy soup is the perfect comfort dish for a winter evening.
Spicy White Bean and Chicken Soup in the Slow Cooker
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 C butter
1 C chicken broth
15 oz can of creamed corn
30 oz canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
8 oz canned green chilies
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp green tabasco sauce
12 oz evaporated milk
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Add the chicken, broth, butter, beans, corn, onion, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper and tabasco sauce to your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Return to the slow cooker.
4. Add the evaporated milk and cheese to the soup and stir. Re-cover the slow cooker to keep things warm until you’re ready to eat.
5. Serve hot. Garnish with cilantro and green onions, if desired.