This salsa verde chicken is so easy and flavorful – plus it helps you get some extra veggies on your kids’ plates.
This mexican-flavored chicken is easy to customize. I love to have this chicken over brown rice with lots of guacamole. My husband loves it with cheese and sour cream. My kids just love the chicken on its own. Serve with whatever mexican toppings you love most.
I mentioned this before, but I’m always looking for ways to get my kids to eat more vegetables. Hiding spinach in this recipe is a cinch, because there’s already so much green (from the green salsa, cilantro, green onions, etc.). My kids don’t even suspect that I’ve added spinach to their plates.
You may also like these other tasty slow cooker recipes:
Salsa Verde Chicken in the Slow Cooker
2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, whole or cubed
15-ounce can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
15-ounce can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
15-ounce can of corn (drained)
12 ounces green salsa
4-ounce can of green chilies
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 C fresh spinach (about 5 oz)
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1/4 C green onions, chopped
1. Combine the chicken, beans, corn, salsa, spices, and salt in the slow cooker.
2. Use your food processor or blender to get the spinach chopped as small as possible, and add the spinach to the slow cooker
3. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
4. Add the cilantro and green onions before serving.
6. Serve hot over quinoa, brown rice, or cauliflower rice and your favorite mexican toppings.
This recipe was adapted from here.