These soft pumpkin oatmeal bars are the perfect healthy fall snack!
Why pumpkin? Because it’s fall, and it just feels like the right thing to do.
These oatmeal squares are so easy to make, and my kids love them! That’s all you really need to know about this recipe.
I do need to make one note – these oatmeal squares a more of a snack than a treat. I try to put as little sugar as possible in them, while still ensuring that they are tasty. If you want them a bit sweeter, no worries – just add another 1/4 C of brown sugar.
Want some other healthy kid-friendly snacks? Give these a try:
Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Squares
3 C rolled oats
2 C whole wheat flour
1 C brown sugar (can increase to 1 1/4 C, if desired)
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice (can substitute cinnamon if needed)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 C pumpkin puree
1/2 C milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, and eggs to the flour mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the oat mixture in the 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.