Ground turkey, cooked all day in your slow cooking with spices, bean, salsa. It’s tasty and super easy!
I mentioned in my post on Indian Chili that I used to always brown my ground meat before cooking it in the slow cooker. But lately, I’ve been daring. I’ve been throwing the meat in my slow cooker UNCOOKED. And amazingly, when the final product comes out of the slow cooker, I can’t tell the difference. Neither can my family. Hurray! This means I can skip the browning step, which makes my life that much easier.
Try these other easy slow cooker recipes.
Slow Cooker Taco Meat
1 lb ground turkey
30 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C taco seasoning
1/4 C salsa
1 large onion, diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 C water
1/4 C green onions, sliced
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
- Place the turkey and beans in the slow cooker.
- Add the taco seasoning, salsa, onion, garlic, and water to the slow cooker, and stir until the beans and spices are well combined.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, break up the ground turkey with a fork, and stir in the cilantro and green onion.
- Serve hot with whole wheat tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
This recipe was adapted from here.