Spicy cajun chicken with a creamy sauce. Serve over pasta for a yummy, easy dish!
This dish is super easy – cook the chicken in the slow cooker with some butter and seasonings. Add a few ingredients for the sauce at the end of the day, and serve over whole wheat pasta. It comes out so flavorful, with so little effort from you.
Check out these other easy chicken slow cooker recipes.
Creamy Cajun Chicken in the Slow Cooker
2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1-2 Tbsp creole seasoning (see note below)
1/4 C butter
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C chicken broth
2 Tbsp corn starch
1 C heavy cream
1. Add the chicken, butter, and seasonings to your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, combine the 1/2 C chicken broth with the corn starch in a small bowl. Stir well, getting rid of any lumps.
4. Add the cornstarch/broth mixture to the slow cooker and stir well. Add the heavy cream and stir. Re-cover the slow cooker to keep things warm until you’re ready to eat.
5. Serve hot over whole wheat pasta. Garnish with red pepper and green onions, if desired.
Note: I use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning; you can also make this seasoning from scratch.
This recipe is adapted from here.