This rice is so flavorful and so easy to throw together. It makes a delicious healthy side for any Mexican-inspired meal!
This rice is so good that sometimes I plan mexican meals just to have an excuse to make this rice. It is that good.
This dish is super easy to prepare. Just throw everything into your rice cooker, and you’re done!
What should you serve this rice with? Try these easy recipes:
Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
3 3/4 C water
2 C brown rice
15 oz can of fire-roasted tomatoes (don’t drain it)
1 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 C cilantro, chopped
1. Place the rice in the rice cooker.
2. Pour the tomatoes over the rice, and add the onion, jalapeno, bouillon, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cumin.
3. Pour the water over the rice mixture.
4. Set the rice cooker on the “brown rice” setting.
5. When the rice cooker is done, fluff the rice and make sure everything is well combined. Add the cilantro and stir to combine.
This recipe was adapted from here.