Salmon baked with olive oil and flavorful spices – then broiled to get a crisp top layer. This salmon is amazing! Plus it’s ready in 15 minutes!
I prefer salmon with no skin on it, but if you like to leave the skin on, I recommend cooking this salmon with the skin side UP. The side closest to the baking sheet will get the crispiest.
I served this salmon with cauliflower rice, feta cheese and black olives – a kind of Greek-inspired combination. It was sooo good.
You could also try this salmon with simple parmesan pasta.
Try these other easy delicious salmon recipes!
Or check out all of my easy healthy dinner recipes here!
Zesty Herb Salmon
1 lb salmon, cut into 4-6 pieces (I prefer the skin to be removed)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Put one rack in the middle of the oven and one rack close to the top heating element.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and spices.
- Brush the oil/spice mixture evenly on both sides of each salmon piece.
- Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet. If you leave the skin on your salmon, then put the skin side UP.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Turn to the oven to broil on high.
- Move the baking sheet to the top rack.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.