This delicious treat made from fresh apricots makes a light and tasty dessert!
So what do you do when the apricot tree in your backyard starts looking like this?
It’s time to figure out how to use all those apricots!
I have to be honest – I don’t really apricots. At least not on their own. But don’t worry – even if you’re like me and don’t like apricots, there is still hope. I don’t like apricots, but I LOVED this apricot crisp. I think even the non-apricot lovers out there will like this recipe too.
Here are some more fruit-inspired desserts for you to try!
Fresh Apricot Crisp
6 C fresh apricots, quarted
1/2 C brown sugar, divided
3/4 C quick oats
3/4 C pecans
1/4 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the apricots with 1/4 C of brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the apricots in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 C of brown sugar, flour, oats, and pecans. Add the vegetable oil, and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apricots.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from here.