Who needs take-out? This easy orange chicken recipe is healthy and DELICIOUS!
This recipe is seriously one of my favorites. It is super easy to throw together in your slow cooker, and then you get to smell its wonderful aroma all day. At dinnertime, your chicken is ready for your family to enjoy – with little effort from you 🙂
Just writing this post is making me hungry. I’m going to have to make this recipe again and soon!
As you may know, I’m always trying to figure out how to get my kids to eat more veggies. It’s easy to sneak some veggies into this dish – I throw in shredded carrots – my kids don’t seem to mind seeing some orange pieces in their orange chicken. And they gobble it up!
Want more easy slow cooker recipes? Try these!
Orange Chicken in the Slow Cooker
2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed or whole
2 C shredded carrots
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C orange juice
1/2 C rice vinegar
1/2 C low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 C honey
1/4 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1/2 – 1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 C orange juice
1/4 C corn starch
1. Combine everything except for the corn starch and 1/4 C orange juice in your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, combine the 1/4 C orange juice with the corn starch in a small bowl. Stir well, getting rid of any lumps.
4. Add the cornstarch/liquid mixture to the slow cooker and stir well. Re-cover the slow cooker to keep things warm until you’re ready to eat.
5. If you used whole thicken thighs instead of cubed chicken thighs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker.
6. Serve hot over quinoa, cauliflower rice, or brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
This recipe is adapted from here.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.