These moist grain-free chocolate muffins are a great way to sneak some extra spinach into your diet (or your family’s diet)!
Are you always trying to figure out how you can get your family to eat more veggies? Or am I the only one?
Sometimes I feel like it’s so hard to compete with all the food options that my kids are exposed to, at the store, at school, at their friend’s house… So I love it when I find something that my kids love that is actually good for them.
My kids do not typically enjoy eating spinach, but they (and their friends) gobble these muffins up!
Try these other secretly healthy muffins!
You may also want to sneak some extra spinach onto your kids’ plates by using this Spinach Pesto Sauce.
This recipe is adapted from here.
Grain-free Double Chocolate Spinach Muffins
3/4 C almond flour
1/2 C coconut flour
1/4 C cocoa
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C vegetable oil (use coconut oil for paleo)
1/4 C honey
1/4 C water
2 tsp vanilla
3 C spinach
1/4 C mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or 12 muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt, and mix until well combined.
4. Add the eggs, honey, oil, water, and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated.
5. In a food processor, blend the spinach until the leaf pieces are as small as you can get them.
6. Fold the spinach and chocolate chips into the muffin batter.
7. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
8. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.