Chicken thighs cooked in a sweet sesame sauce – yum!
I love love LOVE my slow cooker. It just makes dinnertime so easy. Throw the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, then walk away. Dinner’s ready for you whenever you need it.
This recipe is so easy. It’s made from simple ingredients, and my family loves it. Win win win!
This chicken tastes great over quinoa, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some more healthy slow cooker recipes:
Sweet Sesame Chicken in the Slow Cooker
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed or whole
1/2 C low-sodium soy sauce
1/3 C honey
1/4 C brown sugar
6 oz tomato paste
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sriracha
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp corn starch
1. Combine everything except for the corn starch in your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, measure 1/4 C of liquid from the slow cooker and combine it with the corn starch in a small bowl. Stir well, getting rid of any lumps.
4. Add the cornstarch/liquid mixture to the slow cooker and stir well. Re-cover the slow cooker to keep things warm until you’re ready to eat.
5. If you used whole thicken thighs instead of cubed chicken thighs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker.
6. Serve hot over quinoa or brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
This recipe was adapted from here.