These fluffy chocolate chip banana muffins are easy to make and so tasty!
Aside from the chocolate chips, these muffins have no added sugar. But the bananas give so much sweetness that you wouldn’t think these muffins are actually good for you.
My kids are my ultimate taste-testers, and they went crazy over these muffins. They’re that good.
If you want to make these muffins even more nutritious, you can leave out the chocolate chips or replace them with nuts. They will still taste amazing.
Here are some other grain-free snacks to try:
Or take a look at my list of gluten-free recipes here.
Grain-free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 over-ripe bananas
1/2 C vegetable oil (use coconut oil for paleo)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C coconut flour
3/4 C almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until everything is well incorporated and there are no big chunks of banana.
4. Add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt, and mix until well combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
This recipe is adapted from here.