Tender chicken in a creamy curry sauce – made easy your in your slow cooker!
Are you constantly trying to figure out how to get more veggies onto your children’s plates? Maybe you are one of those amazing mothers whose children love vegetables in any form. But my kids are always trying to avoid veggies. That’s one thing I love about this dish. It has cauliflower and carrots, but they’re so well chamoflaged by the sauce, that my kids don’t even notice them. Yay! More veggies for my kids!
This chicken goes great over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
This recipe calls for garam masala. If you don’t have this seasoning on hand, you can also make it from scratch.
Do you love making meals in your slow cooker? Here’s some more recipes to try:
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken with Cauliflower and Carrots
2-3 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed or whole
1 C carrots, shredded
12 ounces cauliflower (as cauliflower rice or one head of cauliflower, chopped)
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp red curry paste
2 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp garam masala (you can make it from scratch, if needed)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
29 oz tomato puree
1 C canned coconut milk
1. Combine everything except the coconut milk in your slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, if you cooked your chicken thighs whole, remove them from the slow cooker and shred. Then return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
4. Add the coconut milk to the slow cooker.
5. Garnish with cilantro or green onions, if desired.
6. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
This recipe was adapted from here.