Delicious chicken parmesan – made healthier and easier!
My husband LOVES chicken parmesan. It is one of his very favorite meals.
Years ago, when I had fewer children (maybe 1 or 2), I would make chicken parmesan for my husband. But it was soooo involved. You have to pound the chicken, then you have to dip the chicken in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs. Then you have to brown the chicken in a skillet, and then bake it in the oven. SO MUCH WORK.
By the time I had four kids, I declared that I could no longer make chicken parmesan. It just took way too much effort, and I had too many other things going on.
So I came up with this recipe. You still have nice crispy chicken topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella. But way less hassle. It’s a win-win!
This recipe uses chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts because they’re already fairly thin to start with. So you don’t have to pound the chicken.
You mix up flour and some spices in a gallon-sized bag, add the chicken tenders and get them all nicely coated. Then bake the chicken tenders with some butter in the oven to get them nice and crispy. Add your sauce and cheese and let the chicken bake a few more minutes. That’s it!
By the way, if you do want to go all out and make traditional chicken parmesan, I recommend this recipe. But at this point in my life, I definitely prefer the simpler version.
Serve this chicken with some whole pasta, a green salad, and an easy veggie side for a yummy, nutritious meal!
Need some more dinner inspiration? How about these easy chicken recipes:
Easy Chicken Parmesan
2 lbs chicken tenders
1/2 C flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 C butter
4 oz mozzarella, shredded (about 1 cup)
1/2 C pasta sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Place the butter in a 9×13 pan.
3. Place the pan in the oven to let the butter melt.
4. Meanwhile, mix the flour, pepper, and garlic powder in a gallon-sized ziploc bag.
Add the chicken to the flour mixture. “Shake” or move the chicken around so that each tender is well coated with the flour mixture.
5. Once the butter is melted, remove pan from the oven.
6. Place the chicken tenders in the pan, in a single layer.
7. Cook for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the chicken tenders over.
9. Cook another 15 minutes.
10. Take the pan of chicken out of the oven. Spoon the pasta sauce over the chicken tenders and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
11. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.