Butternut squash roasted with chili powder and cumin – this is a great side for any Mexican dish!
Chili-spiced Butternut Squash
4 C butternut squash, cubed (about 1 squash)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. (I line my baking sheet with aluminum foil to make the clean-up easier.)
3. In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil over the squash and sprinkle the spices on top. Toss to combine well.
4. Spread the squash in a single layer on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.