These delicious, soft cookies are easy to make and are actually good for you!
Sometimes, you just need a chocolate chip cookie. Except that you know you should really eat something nutritious. That’s why I love this recipe. It looks and tastes like a cookie, but it’s good for you. These cookies are made from wholesome ingredients, like bananas, peanut butter, and almond flour – the only added sugar in this recipe comes from the chocolate chips.
If you want to make these cookies even better for you – you can replace the chocolate chips with nuts.
Want some more healthy treats? I think you’ll enjoy these:
Servings: 16 cookies
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 1 /2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1/4 C peanut butter (use almond butter for paleo)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the banana, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into balls of about 1 Tbsp each. Arrange the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8 minutes. (These cookies come out nice and soft, which is how I like them! If you want the cookies to be firmer, cook them for about 10 minutes.)
This recipe is adapted from here.