This flavorful dish is so good for you and so easy to make in your slow cooker!
I love this dish because it lets me sneak extra veggies (carrots and cauliflower) onto my kids’ plates without them noticing!
Want more easy slow cooker recipes? I think you’ll enjoy these:
Serving size: 2/3 C
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours
- 1 lb dry chickpeas
- 1 C carrots, chopped or shredded
- 12 ounces cauliflower (as cauliflower rice or one head of cauliflower, chopped)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala (you can make it from scratch, if needed)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 29 oz tomato puree
- 3 C water
- 1 C canned coconut milk
- Combine chickpeas, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, curry paste, salt, tumeric, garam masala, red pepper, tomato puree, and water in the slow cooker.
- Cook the chickpea mixture on low for 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, add the coconut milk and mix well to combine.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is adapted from here.