I love grilled salmon, but sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate. So here’s another way to get nice crispy salmon – broiling.
This recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. This is what I use for my kids – if you like it spicier, I would recommend using 1 tsp instead.
I prefer salmon without skin. If you cook this with the skin on, I would recommend putting the skin side up – the bottom side (the side in contact with the baking sheet) comes out crispier in this recipe.
Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450F. If your oven has two racks, put one rack in the center of the oven and the other rack at the top, closest to the heating element.
- Prepare a metal baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Spread the oil/spice mixture over both sides of the salmon. I use a brush for this, but a spoon would also work well. If your salmon has skin on one side, then just spread the oil mixture over the non-skin side.
- Arrange on the baking sheet. If your salmon has skin on it, put the skin side UP.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil on high and move the baking sheet to the top rack. Let broil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.