This recipe has 5 ingredients and can be put together in less than 5 minutes!
Then it cooks all day in your slow cooker, coming out tender and delicious!
I love having this beef over quinoa (I think it really complements the flavor) or, for a little change, over barley.
This recipe calls for onion soup mix, but no worries if you don’t have any on hand. You can also whip up your own homemade onion soup mix.
2-3 lbs stew meat
1.25-oz packet of onion soup mix (store-bought or homemade*)
1/3 C butter
1/4 C beef broth
1 Tbsp corn starch
1. Place stew meat and butter in your slow cooker. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the meat.
2. Let cook on low for 7-8 hours. Stir once or twice throughout the day.
3. About 10 minutes before you’d like to eat, combine the beef broth and corn starch in a small bowl. Stir well to get rid of any lumps.
4. Add the beef broth mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Re-cover the slow cooker until you are ready to eat.
5. Serve hot over quinoa or brown rice.