Chicken in a creamy sauce, topped with bacon, made easy in the slow cooker!
This recipe is always a winner at our house!
Go here for more easy slow cooker recipes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces*
1.5 Tbsp dry ranch mix
1/2 C reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 C heavy cream (divided)
1/2 C grated parmesan
1 Tbsp corn starch
12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled (see this tip)
- Place the butter and chicken in your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch mix over the top of the chicken, and add soy sauce.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’d like to eat, combine 1/4 C of heavy cream with the corn starch in a small bowl. Whisk well, getting rid of any clumps.
- Add the heavy cream/cornstarch mixture and the remaining 1/4 C of heavy cream to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Recover the slow cooker. Let the chicken cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon immediately before serving.
- Serve hot with brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
*You can also leave the chicken breasts whole, if you would like.