This is my favorite breakfast – healthy, filling, and delicious! Plus it’s ready in less than 5 minutes!
It’s like eating a chewy oatmeal cookie!
Time: 5 minutes
1/3 C quick oats
1-2 tsp brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp milk (use almond milk for vegan)
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1/2 apple, chopped
2 Tbsp pecans
dash of cinnamon
- Combine the oats and brown sugar in a breakfast bowl.
- Pour the milk on top of the oatmeal.
- Add the peanut butter to the oatmeal. You don’t need to stir it, just scoop it on top.
- Cook in the microwave for one minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the peanut butter is well incorporated.
- Sprinkle the apple over the top of the oatmeal.
- Microwave another 15 seconds, this softens the apple a bit.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, if desired. Add the pecans.