I love Indian food! This slow cooker recipe is super easy and way healthier than take-out. It’s a great way to get my fix of Indian chicken.
Serving size: 1/2 C
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 8 hours
2 onions, quartered
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cardamom
1/2 C heavy cream
2 Tbsp almond flour
- Combine the onions, jalapenos, garlic and ginger in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place butter in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with chicken and the onion mixture.
- Add cumin, cardamom, garam masala, sugar, and salt to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- About ten minutes before you’d like to eat, add the heavy cream and almond flour to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- If desired, sprinkle black pepper over the top and garnish with green onions or cilantro.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
This recipe was modified from here.